COVID-19 : A message to our customers
Although we’re somehow getting used to a new strange kind of normal, COVID-19 brought a change to our lives and our business. And we want to reassure you that despite an initial surge in orders, at this time the service we provide you has not been impacted.
Any orders you've placed, or are hoping to place in the coming days and weeks, will be fulfilled as usual.
At Great British Meat Company, the safety of our staff and our community will always come first. Together we are stronger and we hope we can help to keep feeding the nation with fresh and tasty meat delivered to thousands of doorsteps. In our own little way, we’re playing our part in this situation by making things that little bit easier for our customers at this time.
We wanted to share with you some of the things we’ve put in place in order for us to continue delivering our meat boxes, whilst prioritising the safety of both our customers and our team.
HOW WE CAN HELP
For those that aren’t already aware, we wanted to share a reminder of how Great British Meat Co can hopefully support you at this time:
- Great British Meat Company continues to deliver 5 days a week to most of mainland Britain.
- You can order for yourself, your family, or even your neighbour.
- There are no subscription commitments.
- All our meat is hand-cut fresh to order so it is Good to Freeze.
- Our online butchers shop offers a range of meat packs
- Contactless delivery – your Great British Meat box will be left on your doorstep or in your designated safe place by DPD
- We’ve introduced a number of additional safety measures and checks to ensure the safety of our customers and team
WORKING WITH DPD
We’re working closely with our courier partner DPD to ensure the safety of the delivery drivers and our customers, while maintaining the high level of service you’ve come to expect. The drivers are operating contactless delivery and will leave your box on the doorstep or in your designated safe place.
SUPPORTING OUR SUPPLIERS
We’re working hard with our local supply chain of abattoirs, farmers and cattle marts to ensure we can continue supply as demand increases. We think the spike in demand has passed, but we continue to monitor this on a daily basis.
We’ve scaled up our operation to allow us to prepare more orders for delivery. To ensure more people have access to everyday meat essentials, we’ve reduced our product range.
We're working with our sister company in a combined effort to keep supply going. They have access to a wider supply chain, which includes products sourced from EC approved suppliers. If we're unable to supply you with a UK product we will substitute it for an alternative. This is more likely in high demand products, such as Chicken Breast Fillets. This does not in any way diminish our support of British farmers. The best way we can help people now is by being flexible. All products will be labelled in accordance with legislation.
We’re supporting our employees with safe working condition. We’re following government guidance on social distancing in the workplace, and have adapted shift patterns and staff in the unit at any one time. Those of us who can, are working from home where possible and we’ve stopped all non-essential visits to our production unit.
We’ve removed the Saturday delivery surcharge and are now offering Free Delivery on orders over £75 (standard delivery £5.95) 5 days a week.
PRIORITISING FOOD SAFETY
The NHS and government advice has stated it is very unlikely that COVID-19 can be spread through food, but we’re naturally taking additional precautions.
- We operate from an NACB accredited facility (certified by SIA Global). We operate to the highest food safety standards, and are subject to vigorous audits and food safety checks, by the FSA, our local authority and trading standards.
- Every member of the team has a minimum of at least 2m space to work in with no sharing of equipment
- Our butchery supervisors have increased levels of health surveillance across our business and our supply network
- Introduced additional sanitisation processes in all areas of the business
- All team members who could do, are now working remotely
WANT TO GET IN TOUCH?
At this time Email is the best way to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Our customer care team is working incredibly hard to get through all enquiries. To help us out, we’re unlikely to respond to voicemail messages and we might be a bit slower on social media, as we’re prioritising email communications.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT
We want to say thanks to both our team and to our customers for your ongoing support, we really appreciate it.
If you’ve bought meat from us, we love seeing your shares on Instagram and Facebook using #MeatSocially, it’s the little things like this that put a smile on the butchers faces.
We'll keep you updated should anything change but for now, look after yourselves and those close to you.
Team GBMC x