Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
By Ali Graham, Medium Well
Not just the domain of Chinese takeaways, chicken and sweetcorn soup is the ideal way to make chicken breast go a long way.</p>
- 1 chicken breast fillet, finely diced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced (remove seeds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 125g baby sweetcorn thinly sliced
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 200g of sweetcorn niblets, drained
- 2 tbsp white wine or rice vinegar
- 3 tsp bottled chilli sauce
- 3 tbs cornflour
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- salt and pepper
- freshly chopped coriander or parsley to garnish
Stir in the spring onions, pepper and garlic, then add baby sweetcorn and the stock and bring to the boil.
Add the sweetcorn, vinegar and sweet chilli sauce, salt to taste and simmer for 5 mins stirring from time to time.
Mix the cornflour with a little cold water, then add to the soup and bring to the boil, add strips of tomatoes simmer for a few mins.
Serve the soup very hot, and sprinkle with finely chopped coriander or parsley.